Huisreëls / House Rules
- Order must prevail in and around the hostel at all times.
- Boarders must respond promptly to the bells.
- Boarders must stand when conversing with adults and be polite at all times.
- Damage to property must be reported to the house master immediately. It must also be written in the book for repairs.
- The use of liquor and cigarettes or related drugs is strictly prohibited, as well as related unacceptable behaviour.
- Leaving the hostel at any time without permission is strictly prohibited.
- Clothes must be marked properly.
- Rooms must be completely vacated during the holidays. If necessary, a store room will be available to learners who live more than 250 km from the school.
- No boarders will be allowed in the hostel during school hours without the permission of the house master.
- A hostel prefect will be on duty over weekends, to help with discipline.
- The hostel prefects will do room inspection before breakfast every morning.
- Personal valuables like money and cell phones etc.are the learner’s own responsibility and must be locked in his cupboard. The hostel can’t be held responsible for any losses.
- No boarder will be allowed to have a vehicle or motor bike on the premises.
- Siektes moet tydens ontbyt aan die assistent aan diens/koshuisvader gerapporteer word. Die assistent gee dan hierdie name aan die matrone.
- Doktersafsprake word deur die matrone gemaak en sy sien om na die welsyn van die kosganger.
- Leerlinge wat by die skool siek raak meld aan by Kamer 14.
- Sleeping out with friends from Monday to Thursday will not be allowed. Boarders will be allowed to stay with their parents on condition that permission is granted by the hostel master.
- Tradisioneel maak ons koshuisseuns gebruik van die mediese praktyk van Drs Bosman, Brink en Groeneveld in Dorpstraat (021-8872820) en die Stelkor Apteek in die Stelkor Mediese Sentrum(021-8833162) wat beide binne stapafstand van die koshuise gelëe is. Stelkor Apteek doen ook gratis aflewerings by ons koshuise.
- Medikasie. Neem kennis van die skrywe oor selfmedikasie. Die koshuispersoneel word volgens wet verbied om enige soort medikasie aan u seun te gee. Vandaar die versoek dat u ‘n eenvoudige noodhulpsakkie vir u seun sal aanskaf wat die basiese medikasie vir hoofpyn etc. sal bevat. Die brief is op die webblad.
- Official school sportswear should be worn for all activities from after school until supper.
- Pupils going home on weekends will leave in school clothes.
- Boarders staying in over the weekend have to wear step-outs when going to town and will always require permission from the assistant on duty.
Geen telefoon/selfoonoproepe tydens studie-ure.
- Daily leave must be arranged with the assistant on duty during breakfast.
- No boarder may leave the hostel premises without permission from the house master or the assistant on duty.
- Each boarder is responsible for his own leave arrangements.
- Leave for school activities must be arranged by the teacher responsible for the activity.
- Leave will only be granted for official school activities or otherwise arranged with the hostel master.
- Late dinner will be served at 20:15. Permission for late dinner will only be granted in cases where the boarder needs to attend official school activities. It must be arranged with Me. de Klerk at lunch.
Permission to go to town
- Boarders will be allowed to go to town between 14:30 and 17:00.
- Special arrangements must be made with the assistant on duty beforehand.
- Learners may go to the Spar after dinner, but they must be back before 18:30. After this, no learner may leave the hostel premises without permission.
- No boarder may go to town after study or during study.
- Parent must indicate whether the learner will be a term or weekly boarder when checking in.
- No weekly boarder will be allowed to sleep at his house (during the week). Permission will be granted in exceptional cases only.
- Boarders may go home to parents or friends as arranged with the house master. Parents must give their consent via telephone, fax or e-mail.
Other leave during the week
- Birthdays: The boarder may invite friends to dinner, only if prior arrangements have been made with the assistant on duty or the house master. Parents need to give their permission as well.
- Dress code step-outs.
- Geen besoekers word in die koshuis toegelaat sonder die toestemming van die koshuisvader of toesighoudende assistent nie.
- Geen besoeker word tydens stilte-tyd, etenstye, studie-ure of na ligte-uit toegelaat nie.
- Parents are allowed in the hostel on Sunday nights and Friday afternoons when dropping off and picking up their sons. Ouers word versoek om die geleentheid te gebruik om die kaste se netheid na te gaan.
- All meals are compulsory. Arrangements for the day are given during breakfast.
- Kosgangers sit op bed, deure oop.
- Absolute stilte word gehandhaaf: geen radio ens. nie.
- Kamerinspeksie vind plaas.
The following appliances are allowed :
- Radio / recorder
- Bedside lamp
- Fridge (1 per room)
- No: kettles,microwave ovens, frying pans, heaters and electrical blankets (for the fire hazard)
SATERDAG EN SONDAG
- Toesighoudende assistent gee Vrydagoggend, tydens ontbyt, die naweek se reëlings aan kosgangers. “Roll call” sal by elke ete geneem word.