POPIA – English
Dear Parents / Guardians,
As you are aware, the right to privacy is protected by our Constitution and the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) entrenches that right. POPIA has become law, with the effective date of compliance set as 1 July 2021. Paul Roos Gymnasium has always taken the protection of personal information seriously, and with the announcement of this date, we are committed to meeting the Regulatory deadlines across our school. As part of this implementation and in order to be POPIA compliant, we kindly request permissions as detailed in the consent forms under point 1 and 2 listed below.
Please take note:
- The consent forms are based on FEDSAS (Federation of Associations of Governing Bodies of South African Schools) proposed templates and viewed as a standard for governing bodies and schools related to POPIA.
- PRG are not requesting you to consent to anything other or more than has been the the modus operandi of the school for years, but merely requesting your consent to continue with the way we process personal information and imagery.
- Please be assured that the protection of our school community’s personal information is of utmost importance to PRG.
Consent for use of images
PRG endeavours to use only very specific types of imagery and to ensure that images are appropriate and suitable for a school environment. These imagery greatly assist with promoting the school and communicating the ethos and environment in which the students learn.
Consent to use personal information
PRG endeavours to be selective in the use of information with specific focus on the performance of the school’s task as educator and in the interest of the advancement of the learners and the school.
- A completed hard copy of both forms (Consent for use of images and Consent to use personal information) must be submitted to the class register teacher. Please note no emails are accepted.
- Complete per learner: each learner must please submit their own form (not completed per family).
- Deadline: Wednesday 5 May 2021, hostel learners Monday 10 May 2021.
We ask for your support and understanding in this regard.
Enquiries may be directed to email@example.com
André van Staden