Life at Paul Roos is full of incidentals, special occasions, historic occasions and academic, sport, cultural and other highlights. A vast number of unbelievable moments are captured in a week / term / year.
Paul Roos Gimnasium wil graag ’n platform bied waar ons ouers, leerders en die gemeenskap kan deel in hierdie spesiale herinneringe.
Foto’s / Photos
This platform is the product of PRG’ Photography Team and contains a mixture of photos by professional and enthusiast including those from parents and our learners.
Klik op skakel / Click on link: PRG Photofrog
Formele foto’s / Formal photos
Foto’s word deur verskeie fotograwe geneem van ’n verskeidenheid aktiwiteite ingesluit sport, toernooie, kultuur ens. Hierdie foto’s word nie offisieel deur die skool gereël nie. Ons wil graag die geleentheid vir leerders en ouers bied om toegang tot hierdie spesiale herinneringe te kry asook die fotograwe, wat lang ure werk om dit op kamera vas te lê, ’n geleentheid bied om ’n inkomste daaruit te verdien.
Klik op skakels / Click on links:
- Charmaine Sander aanlynfotografieblad, Kontak: email@example.com. Fokus area: sport en ander.
- Jan van Zyl aanlynfotografieblad, Kontak: firstname.lastname@example.org. Fokus area: hokkie en ander.
- Lunchbox Photography. Contact Maryke Viljoen, email@example.com for login details. Focus area: 2021 individual and class photos.
- Nic de Jager online photo page. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Focus area: Prize-giving ceremonies incl. Academic, Sport, Culture and other.
PRG is looking for assistance with creation of video content for the school. We would like to invite videographers (whether you do this as a profession a hobby or are just passionate about creating videos) interested in donating your time and skills to contact email@example.com.
PRG Photography Team
We are excited about our PRG Media Photography team. Thank you to all who have registered to join our PRG Photography team. We are now at full capacity and all applications have closed for 2021.
This group of photographers have dedicated themselves to document important sport and cultural events at our school and during away games (when allowed). A selection of the best photographs will be uploaded onto the photo galleries listed above, offering parents and learners an opportunity to purchase their favourite photos for a mere R20 each. All proceeds will go towards developing the Paul Roos Photography Club. This club is exclusively for our learners with an interest in photography. Our aim is to raise funds to purchase photographic equipment such as media cards, cameras, lenses, mono and tripods, camera bags etc. including the funding of training programmes for our Paul Roos learners. Your contribution will make this possible. We will announce the name of the club soon. We asked the learners to choose the name of their own club.
Thank you to our valued team of photographers:
Charmaine Sander (Admin & Coordination)
Christine van Dyk
Jacques Vermooten (Head of Photography)
Jan van Zyl
Nic de Jager
Tania van Niekerk
PRG Learner photographers
Ettienne de Villiers
Llewellyn de Wet
Marnus van den Heever
Guidelines – Photography Team
All members of the photography club to kindly take note of the following expectations and procedures:
- Your regular availability for games (at home and away) is crucial and valued immensely.
- Allocation of fields and games are at the discretion of PRG to ensure all games and teams are photographed. Each photographer’s contribution is important to us.
- Photographers should be willing to rotate, and photograph allocated games when such a need is identified.
- Max 2 photos must be sent to PRG Media. These photos will be uploaded to social media.
- Photos must be uploaded to PRG Photofrog within 48 hours.
- Photos must also be uploaded to the PRG Google Drive (for our archives). The link will be provided on the day of the game.
- No sharing of the event photos on private social groups or platforms. This helps us to raise funds for the PRG Photography Club which aims to develop our learners’ photography skills.
- Should you identify / know of learners who cannot afford to purchase photos please inform the Media office. Photo vouchers will be discretely allocated towards those learners.
- Your availability to photograph games and/or events beyond your original interest will be of immense value and ensure that all activities and the learners involved enjoy equal exposure.
- Pride, Respect and Gentlemanship – by being on this Team you are fully committed to Paul Roos Gymnasium and the vision, tradition and culture of our PRG Family. We thank you for your skill and contribution.
Thank you for sharing your passion and helping our parents and learners to experience PRG life from your ‘point of view’.
Photo competitions – open to all
From time to time we run photo competitions. Be on the lookout for these!
PRG Game-changer Moment Campaign
We invite everyone to share these special moments with us – don’t let them get lost on your phone or hard drive. Share a special photo or video and short motivation on why this was a #PRGGameChangerMoment to firstname.lastname@example.org and stand a chance to win a cash prize. For more information go to PRGGameChangerMoment.